Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer » Benson & Bingham Annual Scholarship Benson & Bingham Accident Injury Lawyers, LLC
Benson & Bingham Annual Scholarship
In 2017, Benson & Bingham decided to give back to the community with the inception of its first annual Law Scholarship. Benson & Bingham understand the rigors of law school accompanied with the expense to become an attorney and felt obliged to help alleviate the financial strain with their annual scholarship offer. The firm is pleased to announce that we are awarding not just a grand prize of $2,000, but two additional $250 runner-up awards at the completion of the scholarship contest.
To be eligible for the scholarship award, applicants must adhere to the following scholarship criteria:
- Currently enrolled in or recently accepted to an accredited law school.
- A United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. A copy of your college transcript (unofficial) must accompany the application.
- Proof of Law School acceptance or attendance must accompany the application.
- Applications must be received electronically by August 31, 2022 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please reference: Benson & Bingham 2022 Scholarship Application.
- Questions regarding the application or process may be submitted to the above email address. Please, No Phone Calls.
One grand prize winner will receive a one-time payment of $2,000 to be applied to the law school of their admission/attendance. Additionally, two $250 payments will be awarded to two runner up applicants. Essays may be published by Benson & Bingham, so please refrain from submitting anything personal, vulgar or inappropriate for the web. The winners of the award will be announced by October 31st, 2022.
Entrants for our scholarship must submit a minimum of a 600-word typed essay on one of the below topics to be judged by partners Joe Benson and Ben Bingham at the conclusion of the deadline:
- Under Nevada Law, is the Tesla “Autopilot” feature grounds for a product’s liability lawsuit for defective design if it malfunctions during engagement of the autopilot feature when a driver is not engaged, based on the manufacture Tesla marketing the feature as “Full Self-Driving”?
- Under Nevada Law, Medical Malpractice cases are capped at $350,000 for “non-economic” damages. Compare the negative effects this cap has on the public at large vs. the benefits to insurance companies.
Judging the essay’s value will be contingent on the below qualities:
- Originality of thought or provocativeness of article.
- Attention to current law as well as statistical knowledge of the area of investigation.
- Submissions must be 100% original and never published or disseminated at a previous time.
- Candidates may site case law or historical record with appropriate citations to the source.
The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys at Benson & Bingham welcome any potential candidates who meet the above criteria and complete the application by August 31st, 2022. Good luck to all the applicants of our first annual scholarship. The winning entry’s submission as well as a press release will accompany the award when the winner is announced on October 31st, 2022.
Past Scholarship Winners
- 2017 Grand Prize Winner of $2,000: Felipe Hernandez, Harvard Law School
- 2017 Runner-up Prize Winner of $250: Drekevius Huff, Savannah Law School
- 2017 Runner-up Prize Winner of $250: Olivia Campbell, William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV
- 2018 Grand Prize Winner of $2,000: Yvette Chow, UC Hastings College of the Law
- 2018 Runner-up Prize Winner of $250: Gabriel Boliou, William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV
- 2018 Runner-up Prize Winner of $250: Maria Spiridonova, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- 2022 Grand Prize Winner of $2,000: Samantha Schwarts, Harvard Law School
- 2022 Runner-up Prize Winner of $250: Justin McPherson, Saint Louis University School of Law
- 2022 Runner-up Prize Winner of $250: Breanna Franzoni, Vermont Law School